Bafang, one of the leading manufacturers of e-mobility components and complete e-drive systems, has been developing components and complete systems for electric vehicles since 2003. Bafang is listed at the Shanghai Stock Exchange (603489.SS).
The company focuses on all global e-mobility trends of the future: be it as an individual e-bike, e-scooter or for public bike sharing schemes.
President’s Message: “Our goal is to produce innovative and high-quality products for our customers that make a tangible contribution to their riding comfort. Our employees are also dedicated to this goal for service and support. We embrace every challenge and strive to develop new groundbreaking products that set new standards.”
Bafang employs about 500 staff worldwide in five locations. The head office, development and manufacturing center is based in Suzhou, near Shanghai. An additional manufacturing facility in Poland has been opened in September 2019.
Bafang has Sales and Service Centers in the Netherlands, in the USA and in Germany.
inMotion mar.com is your EU contact for Bafang concerning PR, media services and marketing. For current and past press releases, picture or test sample material, please contact us.
Bafang Taiwan office openedBafang opened Taichung, Taiwan office and introduces Denise Huang as its Taiwan Contact Agent for OEM customers in Taiwan.
- Bafang Taiwan office opened (pdf, 264 KB)
- Bafang Taiwan office opened (plain, 3 KB)
Bafang M200 mid drive systemSmooth, silent and very economic - the new M200 mid motor system clearly focuses on the entry level e-City and e-Touring segment.
- Bafang M200 mid drive system (pdf, 337 KB)
- Bafang M200 mid drive system (plain, 4 KB)
IPO in Shanghai: Bafang raises 1.3 billion YuanBafang Electric (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. debuted on the main board in Shanghai Stock Exchange. 30 million Bafang shares were issued on the capital market, accounting for 25% of the total share capital after release.
- Bafang IPO in Shanghai (pdf, 655 KB)
- Bafang IPO in Shanghai (plain, 4 KB)
Bafang opens first production facility in Wroclaw, PolandBafang opens first production facility outside China in Wroclaw, Poland. Being closer to key markets and customers, faster and more flexible delivery is key for future growth of the company in Europe.
- Bafang opens factory in Poland (pdf, 716 KB)
Bafang 43V battery designBafang's exclusive 43V battery technology offers multiple advantages compared to 36V and 48V systems. Plus: New charger with easier handling.
- Bafang 43v battery design (pdf, 475 KB)
- Bafang 43v battery design (plain, 6 KB)
New Battery Options from BafangBT F07, BT F08, BT F09: Two new batteries for semi-integration into lightweight e-bike frames plus a new long range battery for the M800 system.
- Bafang: New battery options (pdf, 329 KB)
- Bafang: New battery options (plain, 4 KB)
Bafang M420 – Facelift for the M400 (Max Drive) systemBafang presents the M420 - a clean, compact and dynamic facelift for modern city and trekking bicycles. The facelift of the well-established M400 (or Max Drive) system will offer new options for modern-styled city and trekking bikes.
- Bafang M420 - Facelift for the M400 system (pdf, 2 MB)
- (plain, 2 KB)
Bafang introduces new ‘Senior Sales Executive’ for BeneluxContinued growth and sales success in the e-bike business leads to new personnel hire for its Dutch Sales and Service Center in Wijchen (NL).
- Bafang introduces new 'Senior Sales Executive' (pdf, 302 KB)
- Bafang introduces new 'Senior Sales Executive' (plain, 3 KB)
Bafang Sponsoring Brentjens MTB Racing Team
- Bafang Sponsoring Brentjens MTB Racing Team (pdf, 457 KB)
- Bafang Sponsoring Brentjens MTB Racing Team (plain, 4 KB)
Bafang: New Staff for DE and NLBafang expands its technical and warehouse capacity – introducing new personnel Craig Fagan and Bas van Well for the company's German and Dutch offices.
- Bafang: New Staff DE and NL (pdf, 357 KB)
- Bafang: New Staff DE and NL (plain, 3 KB)
Maserati Trofeo E-Road Race BikeThe Maserati Trofeo e-race bike is the result of a combined design project between Bafang, Diavelo and Maserati. This ultra-light alloy electric road bike is creating a new category of e-bikes combining traditional road bike performance with an electric drivetrain system.
- Cooperation Bafang-Maserati-Diavelo (pdf, 420 KB)
- Cooperation Bafang-Maserati-Diavelo (plain, 6 KB)
Bafang News for model year 2019Bafang presented at the 28th China International Bicycle and Motor Fair Shanghai 2018 a mini center drive motor for e-road, e-gravel and e-cyclocross bikes and more news for model year 2019.
- Bafang Model Year 2019 - News (pdf, 552 KB)
- Bafang Model Year 2019 - News (plain, 9 KB)
First Branch Office in GermanyBafang opens on the 1st January 2018 its first branch office in Germany. And with Andre Fuchs as Country Manager, they’ll have an experienced cycle industry specialist to handle the German-speaking counties (Germany, Austria and Switzerland).
- First Branch Office in Germany (pdf, 630 KB)
- First Branch Office in Germany (plain, 3 KB)
GO App for Apple Watch™Bafang is proud to introduce an industry first: the BAFANG GO Apple watch™ compatible e-bike app that joins the company’s existing IOS and Android “BAFANG GO” apps. It offers users of Bluetooth-enabled Bafang-powered e-bikes a powerful interface to access ride and fitness data, as well as bike configuration and maintenance functions.
- GO App for Apple watch™ (pdf, 308 KB)
- GO App for Apple watch™ (plain, 4 KB)
M-Series mid motors and InTube batteriesBafang introduces a breakthrough in power mid motor technology and multiple new options for integrated downtube batteries.
- M-Series mid motors / InTube batteries (pdf, 460 KB)
- M-Series mid motors / InTube batteries (plain, 5 KB)
H800 Rear hub motor for e-MTB and S-PedelecsThe H800 gear-drive rear hub motor, with 350 or 500 W output and a max torque of 55 Nm, features a modern MTB thru-axle design with Boost standard. This makes the hub perfect for sporty e-MTBs and all types of speed pedelecs in the major European and US market.
- H800 Hub motor: E-MTB and S-Pedelecs (pdf, 805 KB)
- H800 Hub motor: E-MTB and S-Pedelecs (plain, 4 KB)
Bafang News 2017 at China International Bicycle and Motor Fair ShanghaiBafang E-SHAFT - the first motorized shaft drive system for public bike sharing bikes / Bafang MINI hub - smallest and lightest geared hub motor for lifestyle urban bikes / Bafang Display C18 - Premium multicolor display with many functions
- Bafang - Shanghai Cycle Show News (pdf, 275 KB)
- Bafang - Shanghai Cycle Show News (plain, 7 KB)
Bafang introduces new rear hub motorsFollowing the strong demand in small wheel bikes globally the Bafang engineering team developed two new motors applicable for 14”-, 16”- or 20”- wheel bikes. These types of bikes, folding or non-folding (also called compact or Minibikes) are strong categories in many Asian markets.
- Rear hub motors for small wheel bikes (pdf, 174 KB)
- Rear hub motors for small wheel bikes (plain, 4 KB)
Taipei Cycle Show News 2017Bafang, the leading manufacturer of e-mobility components and complete e-drive systems announced a significant investment into its own battery developments and production facility.
- Taipei Cycle Show News 2017 (pdf, 78 KB)
- Taipei Cycle Show News 2017 (plain, 5 KB)