Bafang, one of Asia’s leading manufacturers of e-mobility components and complete e-drive systems, has been developing components and complete systems for electric vehicles for 15 years. Bafang currently has a yearly manufacturing capacity of up to one million motors and systems for e-bikes and electric scooters.
The company focuses on all global e-mobility trends of the future: be it as an individual e-bike, e-scooter or for public bike sharing schemes. Bafang is also involved in the development of automotive e-mobility solutions.
President’s Message: “Our goal is to produce innovative and high-quality products for our customers that make a tangible contribution to their riding comfort. Our employees are also dedicated to this goal for service and support. We embrace every challenge and strive to develop new groundbreaking products that set new standards.”
Bafang employs more than 300 staff worldwide in three locations. The head office, development and manufacturing center is based in Suzhou, near Shanghai.
Since 2012 Bafang has a Sales and Service Center in the Netherlands and recently opened one in the USA and in Germany.
inMotion mar.com is your EU contact for Bafang concerning PR, media services and marketing. For current and past press releases, picture or test sample material, please contact us.
- The Maserati Trofeo e-race bike is the result of a combined design project between Bafang, Diavelo and Maserati. This ultra-light alloy electric road bike is creating a new category of e-bikes combining traditional road bike performance with an electric drivetrain system.
- Cooperation Bafang-Maserati-Diavelo (pdf, 420 KB)
- Cooperation Bafang-Maserati-Diavelo (plain, 6 KB)
Bafang News for model year 2019Bafang presented at the 28th China International Bicycle and Motor Fair Shanghai 2018 a mini center drive motor for e-road, e-gravel and e-cyclocross bikes and more news for model year 2019.
- Bafang Model Year 2019 - News (pdf, 552 KB)
- Bafang Model Year 2019 - News (plain, 9 KB)
First Branch Office in GermanyBafang opens on the 1st January 2018 its first branch office in Germany. And with Andre Fuchs as Country Manager, they’ll have an experienced cycle industry specialist to handle the German-speaking counties (Germany, Austria and Switzerland).
- First Branch Office in Germany (pdf, 630 KB)
- First Branch Office in Germany (plain, 3 KB)
GO App for Apple Watch™Bafang is proud to introduce an industry first: the BAFANG GO Apple watch™ compatible e-bike app that joins the company’s existing IOS and Android “BAFANG GO” apps. It offers users of Bluetooth-enabled Bafang-powered e-bikes a powerful interface to access ride and fitness data, as well as bike configuration and maintenance functions.
- GO App for Apple watch™ (pdf, 308 KB)
- GO App for Apple watch™ (plain, 4 KB)
M-Series mid motors and InTube batteriesBafang introduces a breakthrough in power mid motor technology and multiple new options for integrated downtube batteries.
- M-Series mid motors / InTube batteries (pdf, 460 KB)
- M-Series mid motors / InTube batteries (plain, 5 KB)
H800 Rear hub motor for e-MTB and S-PedelecsThe H800 gear-drive rear hub motor, with 350 or 500 W output and a max torque of 55 Nm, features a modern MTB thru-axle design with Boost standard. This makes the hub perfect for sporty e-MTBs and all types of speed pedelecs in the major European and US market.
- H800 Hub motor: E-MTB and S-Pedelecs (pdf, 805 KB)
- H800 Hub motor: E-MTB and S-Pedelecs (plain, 4 KB)
Bafang News 2017 at China International Bicycle and Motor Fair ShanghaiBafang E-SHAFT - the first motorized shaft drive system for public bike sharing bikes / Bafang MINI hub - smallest and lightest geared hub motor for lifestyle urban bikes / Bafang Display C18 - Premium multicolor display with many functions
- Bafang - Shanghai Cycle Show News (pdf, 275 KB)
- Bafang - Shanghai Cycle Show News (plain, 7 KB)
Bafang introduces new rear hub motorsFollowing the strong demand in small wheel bikes globally the Bafang engineering team developed two new motors applicable for 14”-, 16”- or 20”- wheel bikes. These types of bikes, folding or non-folding (also called compact or Minibikes) are strong categories in many Asian markets.
- Rear hub motors for small wheel bikes (pdf, 174 KB)
- Rear hub motors for small wheel bikes (plain, 4 KB)
Taipei Cycle Show News 2017Bafang, the leading manufacturer of e-mobility components and complete e-drive systems announced a significant investment into its own battery developments and production facility.
- Taipei Cycle Show News 2017 (pdf, 78 KB)
- Taipei Cycle Show News 2017 (plain, 5 KB)